Woodlawn Neighborhood Association General Meeting
January 6th, 2021, Online only at Zoom 896 0469 4137 (more links and phone at end of agenda)
This is your neighborhood. This is our neighborhood.
Together, we have the power to make it a beautiful place to live for everyone.
7:00 – 7:15 Welcome and Introductions-Meeting is recorded
7:15 – 7:20 Approve December meeting notes and January agenda
7:20 – 8:00 General Business
- Gun Violence-
- Woodlawn Community Meeting in August, consensus for connection and social support
- In the past, Woodlawn had neighborhood watch and police liaison, mixed results
- The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence report to the CDC highlights that conditions such as income inequality, concentrated poverty, under-resourced public services, underperforming schools contribute to gun violence, police brutality and lack of police legitimacy contribute to gun violence: https://efsgv.org/learn/type-of-gun-violence/community-gun-violence/
- Oakland Ceasefire approach: focus, balance, and fairness (focus on those most likely to commit gun violence with coordinated interventions balancing threat of law enforcement with community assistance and resources)
- Cure Violence, organization that reduced gun violence in NY, Chicago, Baltimore can be implemented here, but need someone(s) to lead project https://cvg.org/newcure/
- Recidivism can be reduced with restorative justice https://www.lcjp.org/training-everyone-else
- Inquiry from KOIN 6-Travis Box
- KATU Tina Sillers inquiry
- Top concerns for WNA
- Her team working on current homeless crisis and COVID’s impact on the city.
- Applications open until 1/17 for New Portlanders Policy Commission (NPPC) to integrate immigrant and refugee communities’ voices into the City policies and decision-making.
- Application available in at bit.ly/NPCCapp
- For questions, contact Community Engagement Program Coordinator at Marco.Mejia@portlandoregon.gov or 503-823-8548.
8:00 – 8:20 Board Business-Francesca has stepped down
- Treasurer’s Report-Dennis Kennedy-DOJ Delinquent Annual Report for 2014 Fiscal Year
- Land Use and Transportation-Anjala Ehelebe-Rose Lane, Anti-Displacement Action Plan
- Farmer’s Market-Keith Baich
- NECN-Dennis Kennedy
- NET-Erin Cooper
8:20 – 8:30 Final thoughts, announcements, other upcoming events
8:30 Meeting adjourns
Thank you for coming! Hope to see you Wed, February 3rd at 7pm for our next Meeting!
Zoom meeting information:
Topic: Woodlawn Neighborhood Association General Meeting
Time: Jan 6, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the First Wed, until Aug 4, 2021, 8 occurrence(s)
Jan 6, 2021 07:00 PM
Feb 3, 2021 07:00 PM
Mar 3, 2021 07:00 PM
Apr 7, 2021 07:00 PM
May 5, 2021 07:00 PM
Jun 2, 2021 07:00 PM
Jul 7, 2021 07:00 PM
Aug 4, 2021 07:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Meeting ID: 896 0469 4137
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,89604694137#,,,,*540071# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,89604694137#,,,,*540071# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 896 0469 4137
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbcBhmSrnk