Woodlawn Neighborhood AssociationGeneral Meeting Agenda May 2022
Online at Zoom ID: 301 466 2210 (Passcode WNA) and Facebook Live
Meeting will stream on FB live and be posted to YouTube.
Our community is stronger together. We all belong here.
7:00 – 7:10 Welcome! Please share your name, pronouns, and something you are enjoying right now
7:10 – 7:15 Approve April meeting notes and May agenda
7:15 – 7:25 Guest Speaker: Abigail Van Gelder, Portland State, STEM Achievers Summer Program, free 3 week camp for middle-schoolers https://naccemeets.nacce.com/vil/home
7:25-8:00 Guest Speaker: Mayor Ted Wheeler (joining virtually)
8:00-8:20 Follow ups and updates:
- June 4th-5th Woodlawn Clean-Up and Recycling Event-Rick Reynolds Sat, June 4th: Pick-Up Woodlawn with SOLVE tinyurl.com/2p8snvpe
- Sun, June 5th: Neighborhood Clean-Up and Recycling Celebration at Woodlawn Woodlawn Elementary
- Donation based, all proceeds split between Woodlawn PTA and WNA to fund neighborhood events (tentatively National Night Out on Aug. 2nd)
- Offering paper shredding and recycling/safe disposal of plastic, styrofoam, metal, electronics (no batteries), mattresses, furniture, tires, sharps/needles; PLUS kids activities and community
- No hazardous waste like batteries, paint, and asbestos. Metro has free disposal at 6161 NW 61st Ave. tinyurl.com/bzhtdhbe
- Volunteer sign up: tinyurl.com/3uch4kh2
- Open Secretary role June-October, responsibilities include:
- Posting agenda to gowoodlawn.com
- Sending mailchimp email with the agenda
- Adding subscribers to the mailchimp list as requested
- Taking and posting minutes to gowoodlawn.com
- Treasurer’s Report and NECN-Dennis Kennedy
- Land Use and Transportation-Anjala Ehelebe
- Farmer’s Market Update-Keith Baich
- Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) open upcoming virtual trainings
8:20 – 8:30 Final thoughts, announcements, other upcoming events
- Neighbor Assist! https://forms.gle/nuYTkCygoH4CXQEL7
- (Boise event) Unity in the Community Event April 30th 12pm-7pm Dawson Park
- Deadline May 6th for Vibrant Spaces Community Events Activation Fund! $2,500 – $10,000 to selected applicants. For more information, email VibrantSpaces@portlandoregon.gov.
8:30 Meeting adjourns
Thank you for coming! Hope to see you Tuesday, June 7th at 7pm for our next Meeting!